I Have Bodyweight Exercise That Are Just As Hard As The Bench Press And Barbell Squat In One Of My Bodyweight Workouts.
When you travel, you worry about missing your workouts and eating poorly…So you must plan ahead for both (apples and almonds for planes, trains, & automobiles)…and bodyweight circuits for “no-equipment fat burning”.
And while I have bodyweight exercises that are just as hard as the bench press and barbell squat in one of my bodyweight workouts, today we’ll focus on replacing intervals with bodyweight circuits.
To do a Bodyweight Exercise circuit…
- Pick 3 lower body exercises
- Pick 3 upper body exercises
- Alternate between a lower and upper body exercise without rest, till you are done all 6 exercises
- Rest a minute.
- Repeat 2-3 more times until you are done 20 minutes
For example, this is a great circuit that doesn’t need any equipment
- Prisoner Squat (12 repetitions)
- Elevated Pushups (8 reps per side)
- Single-Leg Deadlift (10 reps per side)
- Close-grip Pushups (As many reps as possible)
- Jumping Jacks (30-60 reps)
- Cross-Body Mountain Climber (12 reps per side)
Whew. That’s pretty advanced…for a beginner, we’d slow it down like this and take some breaks between exercises…
- Wall Squat (8 reps)
- Kneeling Elevated Pushup (5 reps per side)
- Lying 1-leg Hip Extension (8 reps per side)
- Plank (30 second hold)
- Jumping Jacks (5-10 reps)
- Side Plank (15 second hold per side)
Safe travels, and of course, always check with your doctor before beginning a fat burning bodyweight circuit exercise program.
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training
About the Author
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines.
His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men’s Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week.
For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment,
visit The Turbulence Training Program