This Keto Baked Fish recipe is for those that don’t like fishy fish. You know what I mean, that really overly fishy flavour – so many people say they don’t like it.
Using a mild white fish like ling, hoki or grenadier is perfect for a keto baked fish dish. and
Topping it with a lemon butter sauce, with fresh lemon segments makes this dish vibrant but comforting at the same time.
I like to serve it with cauliflower mash, which I always cook first because once the fish is cooking, it’s all systems go and this is on the table 15 minutes later!
This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled if you are cooking for a crowd.
Keto Baked Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 150 gram white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 100 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Preheat oven to 220 deg c. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Finely grate the rind of the lemon and cut half of it into small segments.
- Pat dry fish then season with salt and epper. Drizzle with olive oil and half the lemon rind. Place in the oven and bake for 12 - 14 minutes until just falling apart and cooked through.
- Steam the broccolini in the microwave until just tender (around 4 mins). Drain and set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat the butter over medium heat until just turning golden, around 3 - 4 minutes. Add the lemon rind and garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in the lemon segments and steamed broccolini.
- Serve the fish topped with broccolini and lemon sauce on a bed of cauliflower mash.