The height of the summer season is upon us and that means it’s time to fire up the BBQ and get adventurous with meats you may not typically prepare.
While visiting beautiful Lake Tahoe, our family found organic, free range lamb.
The trick with this Paleo Lamb with Rosemary dish is in the planning and preparation.
We’ve found marinating for 24-48 hours to be the most effective method. It’s well worth the wait as the lamb comes out tender and the flavor is exquisite.
Paleo Lamb with Rosemary
- 1 lb. lamb ribs or steaks
- 1 cup sulphite-free red wine we like merlot or cabernet
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh organic sprigs rosemary leaves removed from stems
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- Wash the lamb and place in a 2-3 inch deep dish.
- For marinade, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
Pour over lamb being sure to cover thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- To cook, lightly barbecue and turn to low heat.
Place lamb on grill and cook 10-12 minutes each side, or until meat is cooked to your liking.
- Pour remaining marinade over meat as it is cooking.
Lamb is typically served a bit on the rare side, but some like it more thoroughly done.
- Serve with fresh cantaloupe and grapes paired with a green salad and steamed mini artichokes.