This Spiced Apple Pumpkin Butter is made with all the spices you remember from your childhood of the holidays. I have a hard time not sitting down with a spoon and eating it all for myself.
If you have problems with nuts just leave them out, you don’t want to miss out on the sweet holiday aroma that will fill your home while it slowly cooks in the crockpot. Enjoy.
Spiced Apple Pumpkin Butter
- 6 organic apples or a combination of apples and pears sliced
- ½ cup organic pumpkin purée canned or fresh
- ½ cup organic coconut milk
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Put the sliced apples in the crock-pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, milk substitute, nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Mix together and spread over the apples in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and blend in a food processor or blender so it becomes a smooth consistency.