This teriyaki chicken has become one of our ultimate favorite meals.
For me it’s just perfect because it takes hardly any time to put together, it is an extremely versatile dish and it is super yummy.
Not long ago I started making my own Teriyaki sauce and since then I think I might have done at least two Teriyaki dishes per week.
Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
- 2-3 lbs organic chicken breast chopped
- 12-16 oz organic fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves you can also use ginger
- 4-5 large organic carrots sliced
- Pepper flakes optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tbsp ginger chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce gluten free
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3-4 teaspoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey or unrefined sugar
- In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce ingredients. If you are just making the sauce for future consumption follow this step otherwise follow the next paragraphs.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium to low heat, heat the sauce until thicken stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool and store it in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli on a safe microwave dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time. My microwave is not too powerful so I use 7 minutes but 3-4 minutes may be enough in yours.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens.
- Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
- Serve over brown rice or rice noddles.