Organ meats are packed with protein and unique flavors. Make them a regular part of your Paleo Diet to achieve maximum health and vitality for quality living.
How did I come to discover this gem of a dish? Working waiting tables to help put myself through college. This liver and onions recipe details my favorite way to prepare high iron meat.
Liver and Onions
- 1 lb organic grass-fed beef liver
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup organic Merlot wine
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Rinse liver with warm water and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on low heat.
- When onions are tender, add liver, placing about ½ of the onion garlic mixture over meat pieces.
- Pour wine evenly over liver, onions, and garlic.
- Continue to sauté on low for 15 minutes, turning meat once during cooking.
- Season with freshly cracked pepper to taste.
All the best,
Lorrie Cordain, M.Ed., Co-Author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook